COVID Recovery Clinic
"Long COVID" is defined as the presence of persistent symptoms, such as fatigue, poor memory, difficulty in sleeping or breathing and hair loss, for four weeks or more after clearance of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Clinical researchers from the Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CU Medicine), have discovered that about 80% of patients would have "Long COVID" six months after recovering from COVID-19.
CUHKMC’s Covid Recovery Clinic is set up to serve patients with at least one persistent symptom for four weeks or more after clearance of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The Clinic will use distinct gut microbial signatures to assess patients with "Long COVID" symptoms and advise on the suitable treatment plan.
- Patients clinically diagnosed of COVID-19 with confirmation issued by Centre for Health Protection (CHP) as a confirmed case OR being discharged from isolation (for persons infected with COVID-19) AND with the confirmation of such arrangement issued by Hospital Authority (the confirmation needs to be presented upon registration at clinic)
- Patients with at least one persistent symptom for four weeks or more after clearance of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Comprehensive symptom assessment
- Medical consultation
- Precision Care for Long COVID programme
- Gut microbiome test
- Individualised probiotics and dietetic intervention
- Receive other investigations and treatment as clinically indicated at privilege fees
- Chinese medicine
- Mental health programme
- Sleep Health Programme
Precision Care for Long COVID programme
- Our Precision Care for Long COVID is a signature programme of the COVID Recovery Clinic
- Non-invasive stool test to detect distinct gut microbiome profile associated with "Long COVID"