The Medical Condition Levels of Package Fees are determined based on complexity of the intended treatment or operation, individual patient’s health condition, and post-operative complications that may require multi-specialty medical consultation, multi-disciplinary care, and use of high dependence / intensive care.
CUHKMC Package Fees covers all cost of the intended operation(s) / procedure(s), including:
- Doctor’s fee includes the fees for surgeon, anaesthesiologist and ward round
- Room charges (4-bed room only and excluding meal)
- Essential and related diagnostic procedure charges (including laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging)
- Treatment procedure charges (including emergency procedure, blood transfusion)
- Operating theatre charges (including extra operation theatre time)
- Nursing procedure charges
- Inpatient medication fee and up to seven days’ worth of discharge medication related to the condition
- Equipment and instrument charges
- Consumable, material, and standard implant charges
- Cost related to complications (including intensive care and re-operation charges).
PACKAGE FEES EXCLUSIONS:
- Companion bed / guest meals
- Changing bed within the same grade of accommodation
- Additional operation charges, medication, diagnostic procedures, professional fees and sundries charges unrelated to the package procedure
- Any charges or services before actualisation of package and after patient discharge
- Any other treatment / services involving pre-existing medical conditions
- Doctor reserves the right to decide the suitability of the Package Fees according to individual patient's condition. The package applies only to patients staying in 4-bed rooms, and expires upon discharge.
- CUHKMC may declare voiding of the offered Package if the patient is diagnosed with a disease different from his / her original diagnosis after admission and requires alternative treatment / services. The patient, his / her next-of-kin or authorized person, will be informed of a new Package, and a signed consent of the corresponding Budget Estimate will be obtained before administering the new course of treatment / service.
- If the postoperative complications relate to the operation or procedure, and does not affect the level of Medical Condition, the relevant expenses (including hospital stays) are also included.
- CUHK Medical Centre reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any dispute, CUHK Medical Centre’s decision is final.
- Charges are subject to change without prior notice.
- If there is any inconsistency between the English version and Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- 50% of the Package Fees need to be paid as deposit prior to hospital admission.
- Deposit can be made by cash, Visa, Master credit cards, Alipay, WeChat pay, cashier orders on a local bank in Hong Kong or other approved payment method listed on the Hospital’s website. Cheques will not be accepted.
- Day packages need to be paid in full prior to hospital admission.
- Payment can be made by cash, Visa, Master credit cards, Alipay, WeChat pay, cashier orders on a local bank in Hong Kong or other approved payment method listed on the CUHKMC website. Cheques will not be accepted.